DASHCOMMAND CAM Retard PID for a '97 Suburban 7.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedBurb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ATTACH=full]294001[/ATTACH]

RedBurb

Newbie​

Joined Apr 1, 2021 Messages 13 Reaction score 13 Location California

Today at 6:44 AM

I read your post from +2 years ago wherein you were very pleased with DASHCOMMAND's ability to monitor the PID "CAM Retard." I downloaded DASHCOMMAND onto IPhone but cannot get this particular PID to work on my '97 7.4L Suburban. The PID "CAM Retard" is not contained within DC's standard set of PIDS and therefore can only be enabled by purchasing DC's "GM Enhanced PIDs set (for a premium $9.99) . But my problem is DC doesn't offer "Enhanced GM PIDs" for the '97 models ('99 is the first year they offer a GM Enhanced PID set that contains the PID "CAM Retard" ). I went as far as downloading the '99 Enhanced PIDs but this package seems to conflict with my '97 VIN # (DC automatically checks to ensure the VIN # matches the purcahsed Enhanced PID package) . Thought I'd ask if you also initally ran into problems and how you overcame them? Thank you.