CL-Fault: 5.7 Vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

suredoes

Reaction score
Thanks for the update and diagnostics. What are you seeing as far as temperature in the faulty vs the good cat?

I'm wondering why a CEL was not thrown for the faulty Cat?

I'd try to find some junkyard ones and run them. Some areas may be hard to do that because of the high theft rates.

No cats in junkyards around here, they chop em out.

a good cat has higher temp at exit. So I have around 325-350° on the upstream of both cats. Bad cat was 275° exit and the good one was 415°.

also looked at just sensor 2 data for both banks and could see the bank 1 was moving a bit too much. I missed that before looking at all the data together at idle. This time I had a passenger watch it while driving to confirming the one bank was jumping around under load.

no codes tho...maybe I can fool the downstream sensor? Never looked much into that or cat delete stuff. I just drive bone stock stuff mostly.

bowtie-72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No cats in junkyards around here, they chop em out.

a good cat has higher temp at exit. So I have around 325-350° on the upstream of both cats. Bad cat was 275° exit and the good one was 415°.

also looked at just sensor 2 data for both banks and could see the bank 1 was moving a bit too much. I missed that before looking at all the data together at idle. This time I had a passenger watch it while driving to confirming the one bank was jumping around under load.

no codes tho...maybe I can fool the downstream sensor? Never looked much into that or cat delete stuff. I just drive bone stock stuff mostly.
I would try to find someone on FB Marketplace or Craigslist that is parting one out to get a used cat. Federal regulations say nobody can sell used cats. That’s why the yards won’t sell them. You can agree on a price then buy the clamps from them for that price and let them give you the cat. for free. That way nobody gets in trouble.