choice spark plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3-4 seconds after sitting for a week really isn't bad. Like was mentioned, most likely the fuel pump is losing prime. No big deal. I like the copper NGK "V Power" spark plug.

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
3-4 seconds after sitting for a week really isn't bad. Like was mentioned, most likely the fuel pump is losing prime. No big deal. I like the copper NGK "V Power" spark plug.
X2 on the NGK, that is all Blue has ever had in it since the original set from the factory. Overall I think this set in it now is the third set since it was new. And still has the same set of Summit 10mm silicone plug wires that was installed 18 yrs ago.

nokia

Reaction score
good to know .... when will begin rebuilt I'm pull out cargo bed e review also fuel tank and line .. question : when turn key on we hear the pump running noise ?

Oldblue98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
good to know .... when will begin rebuilt I'm pull out cargo bed e review also fuel tank and line .. question : when turn key on we hear the pump running noise ?
Yes with key on you will hear the pump running, and when it primes you will here it shut off when it builds pressure. Should just take a few seconds at most to prime and then crank engine and see if that works better for you.

Ken K

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oldblue98 is correct. The PCM provides two seconds of fuel pump prime while the key is in the on position. The fuel pump has a check valve, some are spring loaded, others are just gravity. Checking for injector leak down or the fuel pressure regulator is what harder with CSFI or spider injector as called. A fuel pressure gauge is used with shut of valves in the supply & return. Since these are screw-on fitting, most don't have that equipment and at best, is hard to install under the truck by the fuel filter.

As far as spark plugs, NGK are good. Platinum is 60k - 80k, but iridium plugs give the longest service life. Metals are ionized and transfer from anode to cathode in a non-waste-spark ignition system. Iridium is one of the hardest metals know to man and found world wide in a layer in the earth. The gap won't widen as fast as metal is lost over time. I prefer ACDelco but use NGK as well.