Cab Roof Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I have them on my truck too...I seem to have trouble getting the lenses to not get condensation in them though..

Take your smallest drill bit and drill a hole on the lens on each light, that will keep the condensation from forming, I do that to all of my aftermarket lights, tow mirror lights, 3rd brake light, headlights came with holes, and front turn signals. Keeps the condensation out and relieves pressure from forming inside the lens to cause cracking and busting.

98dieselburb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went to the yard and picked out the harness and all 5 lights...they now sit in a box, as I changed my plans for the tahoe...lol

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got them on my 97, i had stock orange lenses, but they cracked so i put smoked ones on, and they have cracked too, might be because i used a cheap aftermarket kit and they dont seal very tight so the screws are what hold it tight and they get to tight and crack

i need to get some more lenses and leds and seal them up good

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive got them on my 97, i had stock orange lenses, but they cracked so i put smoked ones on, and they have cracked too, might be because i used a cheap aftermarket kit and they dont seal very tight so the screws are what hold it tight and they get to tight and crack

i need to get some more lenses and leds and seal them up good

What kit did you use? I was looking into the Pacer kit. Would it be better to just go get a stock harness & bases from a salvage & add aftermarket smoked lenses?

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so adam its nt just me! first set were lmc they cracked actually lost halft of one lol. next set was recon and came with some cheap orange leds. i sprayed the crap outa em with clear coat and they still yellowed some like the lmc ones. :/ thinking set of amber stock ones and smok em with some nice bright leds

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i cant remember what the first kit was, i think they were pacer or something like that, i believe i got them off ebay

lenses i know i got off ebay for the smoked set, if you can find a set of oem ones those are the best bet

strikk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know multiple gmt800 guys in my area use the aftermarket Recon cab lights. They use the replacement gmt800 ones and a few guys have retrofitted the gmt400 lenses on their cabs. I haven't heard of anyone with yellowing or breaking issues, of course our cabs are a bit different but they are cheap enough to give it a shot

http://www.gorecon.com/products.php?p_cat=30&cname=ChevyGMC-88-12-Cab-Roof-Lights