Burbalade Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4thesporty

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whoops, I took a quick glance and ASSumed that you picked up a Sterling 10.5..

I just picked up an AAM 11.5 for mine in 3.73. I was looking for a factory 4.10, but evidently those only came in 8.1L powered trucks which means they are somewhat rare.....especially down here.

Did you cut off and move your spring perch's or did you buy new ones and weld them on?

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
The lug pattern up front is 8x170 on the Super Duty axle. Rear pattern is the standard 8x6.5. I ordered the TWFs with different patterns front and rear so as to get rid of the spacers/adapters I was running with the stock H1 wheels. In the event I convert the front to 8x6.5, I'll only need order new inner wheels and be able to keep my outers with the more expensive powder coat and rock rings.

I took the axle straight from the yard I pulled it from to the local shop that did the work on my crossover steering to have the perches moved over so I wouldn't have to load/unload it from the truck an extra time. I'm adding three more inches of lift to the rear, and didn't want to buy new shocks yet again since the ones I've got on it have less than 100 miles on them. So once I got it back I cut the old shock mounts off as well as any other small brackets that weren't being reused. I'll be buying lower profile shock tabs that wont hang down below the axle, and should allow me to continue using the rear shocks I already bought. We don't have much for rocks around here but the shocks not hanging down below the axle does offer some peace of mind which is something I try to consider throughout the build. If nothing else, at least it gives it a cleaner look.

My father's 2001 8.1l/6 speed 4x4 has a 4.10 11.5 AAM under it, though it's an open diff.

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Swapped 5000k low beams for 4300k, cheap high beams for GE Nighthawk Platinum, and 6000k fog lights for 4300k.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach