Building inner fenders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dito. keep battery in toolbox :) makes for a cleaner engine bay!
and to the ground question.... yes the frame can be used. very simple just make sure the grounds connections are good and clean. what ive done before is find a hole in the frame and get a bolt and big washer and weld the bolt and washer to the frame real good. and then you have a easy disconnect spot.

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
I have a question for you Pierced. How do you take the ABS Module out? Wouldnt that affect the braking on it? I been debating on whether or not I should do this to mine.

I used this thread and some instructions from DRAGGIN95. I didn't need the little adapter fitting on mine when deleting the ABS and it was a definite improvement in breaking by removing it.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?11427-1990-C1500-ABS-(RWAL)-removal

is that one dbl fender cut in half?

Yes, that's a tandem axle trailer fender cut in half.

dito. keep battery in toolbox :) makes for a cleaner engine bay!
and to the ground question.... yes the frame can be used. very simple just make sure the grounds connections are good and clean. what ive done before is find a hole in the frame and get a bolt and big washer and weld the bolt and washer to the frame real good. and then you have a easy disconnect spot.

What about the + side? Will I need to make two runs to the engine bay (one for the alt and one to the starter) or can I make one run and branch off with a distribution block? I will be using 4/0 welding cable for the primary runs.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
for the + i would just run new wire from battery straight to the starter and run a jumper wire from the starter to the alt and what other power items ur truck has. i know for mine its starter and alt and fuse box but i got a vortec.
you could always just use a T or distribution block for those depending on what ya like. you can also use a fuse WHICH I HIGHLY ADVISE YOU USE. or be REALLY REALLY CAREFULL WHEN ROUTING THE WIRES!!!! use wire clamps to make sure they are clear from any moving/hot objects! it would be a real dam shame for the battery +wire to touch anything hot or moving object and short it out and starting a truck fire!
cheapest way i think would be using simple PCV plastic pipe to run along frame with afew clamps. pcv is pretty tuff and it can protect the main wire and it wont just fall down and touch anything as easy. but hell now im rambling.LOL
just be dam carefull when running the wire it will take alot longer to do BUT it could save your truck from a death by fire which is almost always 100% fatal loss of vehicle!

kuzikan

Reaction score
I'm new here, but my question is what does it look like from the bottom up? Under the actual tub, what do you guys do from it to the fender opening? I'm a tad confused on how to do it and make it look clean. Thanks for the help

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
I'm new here, but my question is what does it look like from the bottom up? Under the actual tub, what do you guys do from it to the fender opening? I'm a tad confused on how to do it and make it look clean. Thanks for the help

this pic is from the "how to bag that truck of yours" thread...

You must be registered for see images attach

only example i can think of that might relate to your question. hope it helps.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
dam that one is high as hell! well i guess if ya do it do it once and if ya upgrade bigger wheels later i guess its good.
i wasnt going to notch mines that high BUT now im thinking just go ahead and go higher. but i doubt ill ever have any larger wheels or tires than my 245-50-20s

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
dam that one is high as hell! well i guess if ya do it do it once and if ya upgrade bigger wheels later i guess its good.
i wasnt going to notch mines that high BUT now im thinking just go ahead and go higher. but i doubt ill ever have any larger wheels or tires than my 245-50-20s

i thought it was too high also... the hood hinge spring probably had to be removed after that.

i'm planning on measuring for mine with the truck air'd out..then raise a couple or 3 inches for bigger wheel clearance at a later time... i still think this one is way too high.

JBLOOM33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is how i did mine.. Made them higher incase i or a future owner wants larger than 22s.. I undercoated everything on the inside/underside.. I drilled a hole in the radiator core support just big enough for the socket to still be able to use the factory battery trey(modified) and hold down

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
ya i want wider fenders than that myself. i wanna be able to do like factory and contain all the road elements off my motor as much as posible!