Brakes Pulsating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Warped rotors? Defective calipers, worn out pads? What do you guys figure? Truck'll damn near hop up and down off the ground when braking. Shocks are pooched so I'm assuming thats why I've got the hopping effect.

What could cause a warped rotor?

Thanks fellas.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Dead shocks don't help.
Have you checked to see if your front brakes are done. Warped rotors are usually a sign that they are almost done.
The rotors might be done also (to thin). Have them checked for thickness. They may be out of spec.
Rotors are cheap. Put new ones on with some decent pads and call it a day.
Get some shocks installed while your at it.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Roger that, I've got shocks, was going to wait to get a few projects done at once.
I haven't checked the pads yet. I'll get 'er done this weekend.
Thanks man. You pretty much confirmed what I was assuming, I'll have a good look at them today and most likely just replace them regardless.
I did get a little squeak out of 'em yesterday, they must be getting down there.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Warped rotors will cause the steering wheel shake very badly, warped drums will cause a vibration in the seat and the pedal truck when stopping. So you probably have warped drums. Take them all off, bring them to Oriellys and get them all resurfaced.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warped rotors will cause the steering wheel shake very badly, warped drums will cause a vibration in the seat and the pedal truck when stopping. So you probably have warped drums. Take them all off, bring them to Oriellys and get them all resurfaced.

Warped rotors will cause pedal pulse too

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score

No O'Riellys here, steering wheel shakes. Pedal pulses.
Assuming warped rotors now for sure.

Also have a clunk when taking off and coming to a stop. I'm assuming its the u-joints, but could it be in the drums?
I did a highway trip a few days ago, and in OD I was stuck at 70km/h coasting down hill. Popped into neutral and I stayed at 70km/h.. I assumed sticky park brake at time because I hadn't used it much until that day. Brakes dragging? What would cause that?

Warped rotors will cause pedal pulse too

Pedal pulse, very prominent when at slow speeds, feel the pedal come out/in/out/in against my foot.

Thanks for the information guys.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
wheel if the steering wheel shacks get rotors or resurface them. if you still feel a vibration do the drums next. you may need to lube your driveshaft slip yoke to fix the clunk, may not be ujoints.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
wheel if the steering wheel shacks get rotors or resurface them. if you still feel a vibration do the drums next. you may need to lube your driveshaft slip yoke to fix the clunk, may not be ujoints.

Awesome, I'll get the rotors on first and see how it is.
Roger that on the slip yoke. I'll try that first.

Rotor/rotors

:waytogo: Thanks!