Blacking out - Refinishing black on all exterior trim HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justin93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone, i recently painted my OBS, and have been in the process of refinishing every part on it as they were mostly chrome.

I would like to refinish my door handles, my ext cab window trim, and my driver/passenger side door window trims.

They're looking scuffed up and uneven roughness. The black in the trim is almost gone as well and it sticks out like a sore thumb with the new paint.

I would like to know what the best procedure and products to use to finish these accessories in a aesthetically pleasing and durable finish that surpasses the stock paint/trim.

Alot of parts on my truck have been finished a matte flat black. I also have blacked out my grille, side steps, rims ( need suggestions on refinishing rims, i think satin with a low clear would be ideal for protection and aesthetics, i currently have plasti dip matte black on them and am tired of refinishing it after each time i take off the wheel, anyone that's refinished there rims in a satin/matte/even gloss finish i would LOVE to hear your guys experience and procedure also list of products used to do the job and of course, PICTURES!!!)

I will upload some pictures to this thread to give you guys an understanding of the parts in particular i'm referring to

Before Painting - Colors indicate area's i want to refinish
You must be registered for see images attach

Before refinishing

Wheel wells

Refinished
This is the withdrawls of plasti-dip on rims. I don't think there the best option while they are cheap, i want to finish the rims a nice almost matte but light gloss just for protection. Can someone send some pictures of there rims before and after or suggestions on how to refinish in my desired aesthetic goal.

Before peeling over spray off tire

Grille with corner clears w/ black housing (top corner lense is broken)

Grille with stock ambers VHT- night shade (opinions between both sets ?)

You can also tell the one chrome lug, i removed the plastidip that was on the lugs :wtf:
I think it would look better if i left the chrome lugs and everything else black, even though i love the all black theme with the new fox shocks on i think it would go well together, also would love to hear opinions, to each there own but i'd greatly appreciate any opinions or suggestions.

Definitely need help with the Window trim and door handles as well as rims.

Hope to hear from everyone soon thx