Black Coffee's 98' RCSB 4wd build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
so i just read through this whole thread and i must say...

YOUR TRUCK IS SOO NASTY!!! i love it! probably one of the coolest obs' i have ever seen! great work my man. keep it up!!
...if only i wasn't a poor college student

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WOW....AMAZING!!

i love youre truck..the lift, mirrors, tires, bumpers...it all just goes so well together

o and you really need to swap your tires side to side...they are going the wrong way and it looks like they are just on the wrong side..swap them to the other side and you are good

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh about all the **** of me putting all this **** into my 2 door last night. I was just intoxicated raving. Truck is staying sorry ha. If I ever say stuff like that, disbelieve it. In further news, my NFAB steps came today randomly after being lost by UPS for a month. Should have them on tomorrow! And thanks for comments & advice as always and keep it comin'.

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found an LQ4 6.0L out of a 2004 2500HD with 124,000K miles on it comes with : intake and injectors, new starter, power steering pump, new alternator and brackets. Also for sale with it is a T56 6 Speed tranny and clutch for cheap =D. Should I jump on it?! $1100.00.. Theres a 5% chance I'd want this. Was pretty sure I'd be going with 2001-2002 for the engine. And have NO clue about how to put in a T56, just know there good trannys.

Also found a complete LQ9 for sale $900.00 , atleast now I know there not to hard to find when I actually go looking in about a month.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to swap in a 2000 + Dash. Then do a 2000 + guage cluster. all this before I do the LS swap cause I want to be able to run the gauge cluster and I like the newer dashs. Now I need to find out how the HELL you do that. I've already swapped dashes once so I can get mine out but getting a 2000 + dash in is gonna be a *****. Wonder what you have to cut?

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Jesus man just got done looking @ pg. 34 after you popped in my thread and I saw your new sig with the tows. I've got to say that thing is looking fan fcking tastic. Love the seats, double din, bumpers, and proportions of lift and tires, and of course...the tows :drool: Did you have your rockers professionally painted or? I want mine to look exactly like that so I can ditch the grey plasti dip.

btw what size tires? 35's? Makes me want that stance back :D

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
Found an LQ4 6.0L out of a 2004 2500HD with 124,000K miles on it comes with : intake and injectors, new starter, power steering pump, new alternator and brackets. Also for sale with it is a T56 6 Speed tranny and clutch for cheap =D. Should I jump on it?! $1100.00.. Theres a 5% chance I'd want this. Was pretty sure I'd be going with 2001-2002 for the engine. And have NO clue about how to put in a T56, just know there good trannys.

Also found a complete LQ9 for sale $900.00 , atleast now I know there not to hard to find when I actually go looking in about a month.

u can pick up a 12v 6bt and nv4500 for cheaper imo

blackcoffee

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I mean that would be sweet to run a 12v 4bt or 6bt and the nv4500 which would be **** But I have no clue how to do that swap I'd need someones help in real life ha. All my buddies that were into this **** either moved or went off to college a few years ago. All my friends that stuck around our town dont have a clue how to do motor swaps. Need new friends ha..

Oh and, Southernpride I appreciate man yeah it is looking pretty ******* I have to agree with you ha I think our trucks are equally bitchin ha. 35x12.50 Procomp Xtreme A/T's on 17x9's. 6-7" of lift in the front and 5 1/2" of lift in the back. The zone lift by BDS is a really nice lift I like it better then the RCX by far I think so far. I painted did the body work / paint with my close family friends in Murphy, NC. Then I had another family friend in sarasota do the rocker panels. The rocker panels are done really well and have a really glossy thickniss to them.