Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Here I cut the vent on each edge to let the duct work lift up when I put the radio in.
You must be registered for see images attach

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I dry fitted the radio into the slot after cutting the vent so the bottom part could move upward and it fits fine. Like I said before I am trying to keep the vents as well as having the stereo.

Last edited:

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
My next step is going to be building a frame for a fiberglass mold. I am going to the hardware store tomorrow to get the fiberglass and stuff. I will post more pictures as I do this for you all. So far.....so good.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I have abandoned the foam mold idea with fiberglassing it......I am now in the process of cutting up and splicing together an insert and will be posting all the pics I have of how I did it. I am almost done.....and it is going great.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the progress so far. You can see here the difference between the one I am making and the insert for a single din radio. The vents had to be moved up just a few millimeters.......

The insert I cut up was a blank out of an 88 model with a old style radio in it and no center vents.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Here is a pic of a single din insert and my custom one that is not finished side by side.....

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
And here is a pic of the radio in with the unfinished insert......

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Side view.....I will be using JB Plastic weld that can be molded by hand to fill in gaps and make it look like it came from the factory.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
Almost done guys......swear. lol. And I do have more pics that I will be posting.