Anyone do a double DIN on 94 or older dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
How much is the kit discounted cause I can't do nowhere near 250

Well that's pretty entitled/insulting of you. You can buy the double din unit but you can't afford to pay the people who custom fabbed a way to make it work? Make your own kit or use a single DIN then. At the very least message them on FB and ask about getting in on a group buy or something, the way you worded this really looks like you're publicly ******* them for their asking price. Which in my opinion is not that unreasonable of a price.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
It takes a week to make 1. Yes 1. And it takes 2 or sometimes 3 inserts to make 1 double din insert. Going to the junkyard to buy just 1 of the single din inserts is around $20. Then you have jb weld, glue, paint, plastic filler to use. Then factor in the time......and that is why people charge around $250. Time is where the price comes in mostly. Places I contacted to mass make these want me to make at least 200 to 500 of them....at around $75 a piece.....I cannot afford to shell out $15,000 to have 200 of these laying around so people can buy them under $100.

Sorry, but its economics.....its why I built my own. I have tried every thing I could think of to find a way to make them cheaper....and I cannot.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I have them all on my computer saved. I am working on getting more made right now. Probably let you all know more by the beginning of next year.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
They did a limited production run of 10 at $250 a piece if I remember right. I think in the next month or so I will be ready to start making them. I am in the middle of building a tear drop trailer right now.

4player

Wookie Wagon
Reaction score
I am trying to get it down to where I can sell them at $100 or less. Also trying to find materials is kinda hard. It takes 2 or 3 regular inserts to make one of the double din ones with all the cutting and splicing. Buying 3 of those inserts runs me around $60 just for that....not to mention the rest of the materials to make it all work.