ALL RCX lift owners LOOK!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nitrofreak

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im going to be purchasing a 6" RCX lift within the next couple months,

I have the whole thing pretty much planned out as to how it will go, except what I will do with the drivershaft/exhaust cross pipe clearance? How is it done on other RCX trucks? Im not running duals! as I just put in a brand new single. (from the cat back). PICS! will help lots. Im hoping you can still run sinlgle exhaust with an RCX.

Also why do they say to grind the diff housing? I really dont feel like weaking a rather crutial part of my front end, Anyway around grinding the case down?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All you have to do is cut a small section of the y-pipe and route it under the driveshaft. Grinding the front diff is for clearnace, I do know I didnt have to grind with my superlift but do think had to cut more off of the frame.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
I just left my driveshaft out until I had the exhaust work done.

It most certainly is possible to have it go over the driveshaft, as mine was done just a couple weeks ago:

You must be registered for see images attach

freightshaker203

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is over the drive shaft as well..as far as the grinding u have to take off around 1/4" of the cooling fins on the drivers side of diff. I had to take off a little more and its still a tight fit.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Oh as for the grinding we had to take very little of the fins down, it won't affect strength of the axle our housing at all really. Its just raised fins, you don't thin the wall of the differential or axle at all.