After cat 02 sensor removal. What are the pros/cons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
Is there an advantage or disadvantage from removing the after cat 02 sensors? Just curious before I get my tune if I need to have them tuned out.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that way youll never have to replace one and can remove cats without the light coming on. I just put simulators on mine.

VorTecxas

American Nightmare
Reaction score
I'm putting high flows on. I still want to run the cats for fuel efficiency (as far as the PCM is concerned), but I'm deleting the EGR and AIR. I just want to know if removing them will affect fuel efficiency or anything. I'm not real worried about replacing them, If I keep them the bungs will be welded in an easy-to-turn position, I'm having the full exhaust custom built. And I haven't ever had the CEL come on after removing cats, I've removed them on two of the trucks I've had

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
The O2 sensor behind the cat is really only there to sense if the cat is going bad or not.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
I havent had my downstream O2 sensors for about eight months and havent had a problem with anything

aggieman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can have no performances losses because of the post cat sensor