AC relay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The AC in my 1990 C1500 quit working on the weekend. I thought maybe it just needed charging so I bought a can of Redtek to charge it but the pressure was good. The compressor was not cycling so I jumped the switch on the canister and the clutch kicked in and the air started to get cold. The fan works fine too. This led me to think it is either the switch on the canister or the relay. Is there anything else that might control the air compressor? The switch is right there, but where is the relay located?
Thanks for your help on this.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Exact same problem on mine. I rigged it up to the fuel pump fuse to come on with the ignition. Otherwise the A/C wouldnt work. But the fan is always on now.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Agree, low pressure switch.

Common failure point.

Changeable with no pressure loss due to aforementioned check ball.

:)

OlSmokie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have it fixed. My low pressure switch in on the compressor. The switch on the canister on mine is called a compressor cycling switch. I took it off and cleaned it out. I made sure the contacts were clean and re installed it. It is blowing a steady 47f now.