99 Tahoe 4 door fuel tank struggles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Essentially. Instead of it having the twist lock it'll be secured down with the plate and screwed into the tank. Not really the route I wanted to take. I have a call out the company as of this morning, once I confirm the style I need I'll just order it up. While I'm there I'm going to replace the fuel pump

Good idea. Best time to swap it. Been a while since I've messed with the suburbans pump but I believe theres an o ring on the pump assembly and then the snap ring locks it in. So long as your new connection doesn't get in the way of the electrical and let's the o ring seal I dont see why not.. just confirm that though.

4doorhoe

Reaction score
Anyone know what’s involved to swap in a 2 door tank into my 4 door? Want to go static and need to move the tank to the back. Any help would be appreciated, pictures or any list of parts to complete this. Thanks!

Trenton

Just a Texan transplanted in the Rockies
Reaction score
If you don't want to do any other option, you could go to car-part.com and look for a used one. If you didnt see a new one on rockauto.com I'd be surprised.

AlienChevy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't want to do any other option, you could go to car-part.com and look for a used one. If you didnt see a new one on rockauto.com I'd be surprised.

I just checked car-part.com and found several used tanks. Thank you for the heads up! If all else fails I'll be sure to give that a shot.