97 Suburban Electric Fans ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Electric cars and windmills are some of the dirtiest tech this planet has ever made.

no one wants to know what, where or how the tech is made. its made in 1 country without regulations while massively polluting the environment. it also wouldn't suprise me if slaves actually were the ones formulating and assembling these dangerous cocktails.

but we wont talk about that!

99.9% of the population is blind.

so, we can agree.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prepare to take a hit on gas mileage deleting EGR as well as throttle response as cylinder temps go sky high. No tune can compensate for loss of EGR. Only camshafts with a lot of overlap but they basically EGR all the time. Instead of PCM managed as factory programmed.

97Burban57

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Prepare to take a hit on gas mileage deleting EGR as well as throttle response as cylinder temps go sky high. No tune can compensate for loss of EGR. Only camshafts with a lot of overlap but they basically EGR all the time. Instead of PCM managed as factory programmed.
This seems a little crazy, my 96 lt1 camaro is obd2 and i got rid of all the emissions including egr. I had the pcm tuned by one of the best in the country. Zero problems and my lt1 cruises at around 180 degrees with the electric fans and lower thermostat. My suburban is a 97 and is obd2 so why would a tune not work on this ?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just the opposite. My MPG and throttle response increased with the EGR properly deleted. Engines ran for 80+ years without EGR with tiny stock cams. EGR is purely an emissions device and a crappy one at that. All it does is grudge up the intake and heat the intake air charge up. On a Vortec the EGR really only opens under acceleration and sits almost entirely closed at cruising speed. The introduction of EGR off-idle causes a noticeable stumble at about 2-3 mph at part throttle.

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tune can turn off the diagnostics ,so there's no codes. It's not a substitute. Vehicles run better ,and get better gas mileage with emission equipment in place with stock camshaft. If you also deleted the EVAP system also? Gas goes flat faster ,and tank becomes contaminated with moisture.. .Not sure why folks are so eager to remove this stuff ,and do away with all the benefits they provide.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tune can turn off the diagnostics ,so there's no codes. It's not a substitute. Vehicles run better ,and get better gas mileage with emission equipment in place with stock camshaft. If you also deleted the EVAP system also? Gas goes flat faster ,and tank becomes contaminated with moisture.. .Not sure why folks are so eager to remove this stuff ,and do away with all the benefits they provide.
EGR provides no benifits outside of a slight reduction of NOx under part-throttle acceleration and the rest is all negatives in my experience.

Stock camshaft runs better with the EGR deleted than it does in factory form.

El Tigre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Perhaps study up on what PCM managed EGR valves actually do. To improve cylinder fill ,cool off cylinder heads ,reduce/eliminate detonation ,and the list goes on.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
EGR allows more timing to be used at light throttle cruise without detonation which leads to better MPG.

EGR is used to reduce the temperature of the burn to below 2500 degrees F.

Above that temp oxides of nitrogen are produced and when combined with moisture in the atmosphere turns into nitric acid.

Nitric acid = acid rain.

With an engine properly tuned and maintained the cats will outlast the vehicle.

As a catalyst, the cats aren't changed by the chemical reaction they help along.

The cat om my 2003 Silverado 1500 had 453,000 miles on the original catalytic converter.

So a cat has to be killed.

Over fueling, burning oil, coolant leaks, and impact are the 4 most common murderers of catalytic converters.

Oh, and just so you know, each part removed or rendered inoperative of the emission control system on a pollution controlled motor vehicle is a $10,000 fine federal law.

That is part of the Clean Air Act of 1990.

That law was made because people continued to tamper with the emission systems even when they were no longer hurting performance.