97 GMC Suburban K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Keep it clean! That thing is mint!
Your mom shouldn't have to lift it for ya, she's nice enough to get you some sound in that thing!
Start throwing your change in a pile for the truck - not racing ;) as hard as it may be.
I started my "LSswap/RClift fund" (We'll see what comes first, lol) about 6 months ago - started with a dollar and its close to the $500 mark now.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next thing i did was realize that on of my wiper blades was broken
attachment.php

so i got some rain x blades that are supposed to be good confused though since the old ones werent old i put those on and cant be a year old
attachment.php

attachment.php

but it looks like that part on the new blade is not working but its only in the corner, and the far end on the passenger side doesn't work on the bottom but works about 6 inches up. Dont really know whats goin on but they get the done at least for now.
Then went a little redneck and tried to pull down a semi fallen branch.
attachment.php

attachment.php

then the hook slipped right off and broke a window
attachment.php

attachment.php

so then instead of paying safelite $300 i found a whole door for $75
attachment.php

but everyone said to still go to safelite to get it put in cause seals are a ***** so they charged me $125 to remove it from the old door and put it in the new, best part if they broke the old one i lost $60 for removal.
regardless its in and looks the same so its over and i now have an extra door

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yea shes not going to lift it that was just wishfull thinking haha but not racing thats tough. My season ends in september and i have 3 period auto so time with my truck is going to be maxed out so im sure she will take precedence in my wallet. And good for you keep saving before i flipped i was running my car 2 a week and was spending $150 just on gas for my truck to get to the track. let alone anything for the car.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clay from the track is an sob to deal with all the time.
attachment.php

and thats after the drive home and it will stay that way from my place in PA to my house 90 miles in Jersey
And i finally started doing something custom to her. I plan to paint the rims and my GMC badge. I started the process...
Got the badge off kind of easily
attachment.php

the red is now going to be orange
And then i took off the center caps to get started on them
attachment.php

attachment.php

but i hated how ty my painting was so stopped for what i thought would be the day to go get some paint thinner.
Car got nailed and i went dts so its been a couple weeks since i touched those pieces.
Not to even mention that the power washer i borrowed isnt working so i cant even do the rims till i get that fixed because the coating is peeling off so they need to be cleaned up. Hopefully after the NASCAR race today i can at least get the badge and center caps redone.
As for now so recent pics
haha people told me they like the grille just like this
attachment.php

found a place down the shore with some dirt trails and of course had fun. got her sideways alot and had dust behind me the whole time.
attachment.php

not really mudded up but since i was by myself i needed to be careful and found some trails by some power lines and had more fun :)
attachment.php

also noticed that the badge is faded not really sure what im gunna do about that any ideas?
Still would like to know what tires i can fit under her if anyone know that would be great. And with the warmer weather the squeak went away but i have a spare belt to change to if she makes me mad. still flares up when it rains or i cool out.
Lastly thinking about removing the running boards any thoughts?

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yep, get rid of the boards! Looks clean without them, BUT, you will get more rock chips.
Paint Stripper in a spray can is unreal for getting the peeling clear off your wheels.

There are many threads posted on the forum regarding the biggest tires you can fit on a stock vehicle.
285/75/16 will fit with some cranking in the front. My Z71 came stock with 265s, and I still had to crank to fit the worn out 285s.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip about paint stripper ill have to go get some, and i wasnt sure if the burbans didn't have the same amount of clearance, as other gmt400s. Im assuming that the 255 on there are stock since everything else is but i just wanted to make sure with other people before i went ans spent 240 a tire for 265 that wont fit

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I did something haha, very little but i won't be racing for what feels like forever :( the point is even with limited funds i got the ball rolling and my truck is going to start looking and driving a lot better.
attachment.php

attachment.php

also boards are for sale have all hard ware and in great shape i just don't like them idk what they will fit pickup wise

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So a little update got some new tires and guess what they're bigger!! yea not big just bigger.
attachment.php

yea it sucks having someone else under her but with the new tires all installation and everything was free and the school shop can't balance theses tires.
attachment.php

now the guy was supposed to give me an alighnment and not charge me for it, so he thought it would be okay to just tell me he did even though it was never even on the rack. so i went to firestone to get one done and they tell me that my front end needs to be redone and its going to cost me $1800 so i took a look and there is definitely play so in reality it will cost $300 in parts when i do it. so now ill have less money for fun :( also does anyone know if you have to remove the steering box to replace the pitman arm?
Now on to the rims finally going to paint them just need to decide which way i want them done, thoughts, opinions, ideas? The tape job was really bad so don't mind that just get the idea and they also need to get cleaned up and recleared if that part stay silver.
All Black
attachment.php

silver rim
attachment.php

and there should be orange in the inlets but didn't have any at the shop so…
attachment.php

The first time i used plasti dip i think i may go do the rear bumper since its all rusted out any way. She looks really funny going down the road with 4 different rims hahaha.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tires look great, go all black, I have black powder coated stock rims for sale if you want them

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk