96 burb 7.4 misfire after 5.0 injectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keeper

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great news!

From personal experience, if continuing misfires after injector replacement.... when you checked injector spray with plenum off, were all injectors fully seated down equally? I know I had to fart around with a couple of them to get them fully fully down, even though they appeared fine from above and did not leak. I almost replaced the engine out of frustration while chasing that little issue down. Hopefully, it's something simpler.

Mainly posting for future readers that your thread title may bring in.

mehcs

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news!

From personal experience, if continuing misfires after injector replacement.... when you checked injector spray with plenum off, were all injectors fully seated down equally? I know I had to fart around with a couple of them to get them fully fully down, even though they appeared fine from above and did not leak. I almost replaced the engine out of frustration while chasing that little issue down. Hopefully, it's something simpler.

Mainly posting for future readers that your thread title may bring in.
I know what you’re saying. The first time I put the injectors in, they were not equal.
I looked at the tips in the chamber and all seemed pretty darn close.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Well, you helped me decide to leave the OEM FPR in when I switch injectors this spring. Current fuel pressure is right where it needs to be so no need risking getting a bad part.