96 2door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the itch to get another two door and found this
You must be registered for see images attach

For a Tahoe in northeast it’s relatively rust free. Has what I have guessed to be a 4” pro comp lift. Engine is smooth, tranny shifts well. Tires are garbage. interior needs carpet and front drivers seat rail. Might also need to get new door locks as the key given to me doesn’t lock the doors

Plan on getting new carpet pulling my grey leather buckets from my 93 stepside and getting a bench seat in the 93. Somewhere down the road an ls3 maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ripped out carpet

Found my leak

Going to take out backseat in morning and simple green the hell out of it. Will seal leak in a few days. Have to do seats first so I can drive the thing and give it a little tune up change all fluids etc etc etc
Look like a new headliner is in my future

Last edited:

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Checked the fluids today. And was three quarts low on oil.?!’!!! Bought cheapest 5w 30 I could buy because I want to run the truck and see what I have. I don’t see any leaks anywhere nor any signs of a previous leak so I wonder why it would be down three quarts. Will use Mobil 1 when I’m convinced all is good
Also filled up anti freeze which was changed to green so I didn’t mess with that but will change to dexcool as per manual with a good flush
Took out all seats just one bolt in rear seat belt is stuck. Going to heat it up tmrw and try again
Replaced air raid air filter with a specte. Lubricated all doors . Awaiting remote in mail as I have no door key , found a locksmith that will make key for $40
Thought I was going to have to get four new tires right away but I think I can just get on Baja mastercraft a/t to hold me down for awhile
Almost forgot... picked up some grey cloth power seats and will put them in my 93 stepside and take the leathers from it and put them into the hoe! While I was getting the seats guy had a ls from a 2002 suburban for $750. Still in truck ran like a charm. Gonna get it when he takes it out harness Ecuador’s and all[emoji3]

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had some rain and my silicone fix held up. Need this temporarily till I correct other issues

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Messed with wiring issues today. Got have system working... well got it to work the way it’s supposed to without crazy wiring.. needs a blower resistor. Do that tmrw. Was also working on radio.. radio was a cheap alpine and powered up but no sound. Fixed about five strayed wores on the radio harness and put a a heap Sony I had in garage. And bam. I got tunes! Pretty decent speakers in there. All goes back In Tmrw