95 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
In October of 2010 i picked up my 1995 Chevy Tahoe with 169xxx miles
The first mod i did to it was my Pioneer DEH-P5200HD head unit
Added red LED strip lights under my dash and front seats
then i got my Cobra ultra II CB radio with a magnet mount antenna
I also ditched the Air Dam
You must be registered for see images attach

my first engine tune up was my plugs and wires
than come one of my favorite things my fog lights 100 watts a piece mounted to the front bumper

Then my back window broke while i was at work:uhoh2: it was a very sad day and till this day is not fixed have the window waiting on my mechanic
Then i just drove it around for a while like that all through the summer didnt do any mods
about a month ago some friends of mine decided we were going to go up north to find some snow to go snowmobiling and we were going to take my truck with a three place sled trailer so i decided some rear mounted fog lights would be nice for loading and unloading in the dark and for those pesky tailgaters :evillol:
Pics to come
Then last week i got really into buying stuff on ebay:uhoh2:
Bought an overhead display from a blazer, a homelink for my overhead console, and a brake controller
I also bought from Superbright LEDS for my 4X4 shifter gauges and hvac

as of right now i only have the display installed and the LEDS in my hvac because i have a 95 i need twistlocks for my gauges and they wont be here till tomorrow :/

The Future plans for this truck are:
TBI Spacer
TBI rebuild
3/4 ton springs in the back
GMT800 Towing mirrors
Fender mounted CB whip
My buddy has some 305's for me at his work so hopefully ill get those soon

Tell me what you think or if you have some suggestions or questions

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
UPDATE
i got my overhead display to read the right temperature (in the picture it was still reading the wrong one)

got the red LEDs in my gauges

here in a picture from my snowmobile trip it was squatting pretty bad 3 place trailer with the cab packed to the gills

Here are pics of my fog lights that i mounted on the receiver hitch

and ive started to try and get my self into soldering its getting better :/

i also have my brake controller ready to mount and install TBI spacer on the way and hopefull ynext week ill make it to the yard to look around for maybe a fender mounted whip mount and a few other knick knacks

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Lookin good man, havin a tahoe to pull a sled trailer must be nice cuz you have all that room to keep all your gear in the back plus it stays warm!

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
it was nice till we were coming through a town and hit a red light i put the brakes on and watched the oil pressure drop to zero lol needed some oil lol i burned quite a bit coming up

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score

went to the junk yard today with some friends not really looking for anything and i came across this and jumped on it got it for ten bucks and i have it wired in except idk how to get the little orange light on it to work as of now i push it and the lights come on for my fogs if i dont figure out the little orange light oh well but a cool find i think

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
Well unfortunately the fog light switch went up in smoke today (litteraly) i was wiring in my brake controller and noticed smoke coming from the switch:( dont know what happened but its fried

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
Bought towing Mirrors today finally hopefully they will be here next week

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score

New Towing Mirror pictures you see everything with these mirrors its crazy! im assuming the next mod for the truck will either be a muffler cold air intake or 3/4 ton springs