95 'S ONLY SORRY 94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:popcorn: YOU can change your big old ash tray to the newer style in the 96 -99
it's a direct fit. And i change my mirror to the temp/compass got lucky in the junk

yard and it works good temp is off by 2 degres. you will have to get the wiring

out of the truck 96 to 99. are yrs only have 3 wires and this has 7 wires now
the temp sensor is mounted under the horn behind the grill. you want be able to get

that wire out so just cut it leaving the plug on the sensor , the green wire connects
to the lt green reverse light wire i hooked mine where the wires plug in the trans. i
couldn't find it under the dash. the sensor wire just use spkr wire but not the
real thin gauge wire route it to get it inside the truck to hook it to the wires that

the sensor goes too.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, i just pulled one of these mirrors today. Whatabitch! It also has the wireing for the lighted visors.
I never did find a sensor on any of the parts trucks. I'll have to go back and look behind the horn.

Does anyone know exactly what wires it need to hook to what?

Also, the ashtray you're talking about had the 2 flip down dorrs for the sig lighter and another cig lighter in the center?
I thought these might work, but everyone was modly...

eck95z71

Hightech Redneck
Reaction score
Will the "center console" from the 96 and up 60/40 seats bolt right into the 95 60/40's?

RetroSierraST

Reaction score
You can use the temp sensor from many GMs. Mine is from a 1998 Astro van. It's usually held on with either a clip or a 7mm screw.

It has to be from a vehicle with either a compass/temp mirror or overhead console with compass/temp ONLY. OHCs with DICs use a different temp sensor.

You don't have to hook up the reverse light wire if you don't want.

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes thats the newer cig lighter plus the 2 with little doors and i will try to find out where the color wires go. i forgot where they go. someone already

got the sensor. it,s under the horn behind the grill

qukon 95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
HERE WE GO!!! red or pink is ignition 12 v, black is ground, lt green is back up light, green with black goes to sensor, brown goes to sensor the

remaining wiresgoes to side view mirrors if they have auto dimming.

Z Long Bed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cool, Thanks. I guess I'll have to give it a go this weekend.
I forgot to grab the lighted visors out of a different truck.
I'll see if I want to go that far later. Not sure if they mount different than OEM