94 Suburban with water in the rear section

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
have you seen any kind of drip pan or drain on it? maybe the pan is rusted out or the hose is just clogged or fell off. and IMO dont stick stuff thru the hose. use air to blow the hose out from the top. youd be suprised how much dust and dirt can build up in those areas!
if those look fine. before ya put all the panels back on just take the good ole water hose out and start low and work your way around the truck from bottom up with someone inside the truck looking for leaks. it could come fom the window, rear pillar vents behind those black outter covers, door seal, roof rack bolts, 3rd brake light mounting holes and power wire holes for it.
and go ahead and take out the carpet as much as ya can and let it full dry. some water could just be stuck in there still.

Excellent suggestions! Repped!
Wet carpets can cause rusty floors, & bad smells.
Can't take my '98 to the carwash, cause the cheapo aftermarket 3rd. brake light fits like sh*t & leaks like a sieve.
Leaks? Ha! Flows like Niagra! Gotta put tape across the front of it every time I wash it.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent suggestions! Repped!
Wet carpets can cause rusty floors, & bad smells.
Can't take my '98 to the carwash, cause the cheapo aftermarket 3rd. brake light fits like sh*t & leaks like a sieve.
Leaks? Ha! Flows like Niagra! Gotta put tape across the front of it every time I wash it.

Sorry to hijack....

Did you get a third break light for an ext cab or a regular cab? The cab shapes are different so the lights can not be swapped between the two.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
just get a hot glue gun and seal that sucker up ;) put it on the hotest setting get everything ready. put glue on the light heavy and also on the truck holes heavy and quickly slap it on the truck and put the screws in it quickly. blam sealed. ;) of course to remove it again might be tuff and might break it but it can still be ripped off. ;) or just try some thick foam. black if you can get some to make your own new gasket.the stock gasket is pretty thick! just slap it on the truck and cut out the extra with a razor blade.
or if you real lazy just get some expanding foam spray in the hole BUT just be sure to tape off the area of the truck real good so the foam wont expand and stick to the paint. go at least 6inches around the area with tape and paper. once dry just trim the area so the light will go back in. it should at least keep most the water from pouring in.

OR easiest just rip that ebay crap out and go back stock. LOL

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
just get a hot glue gun and seal that sucker up ;) put it on the hotest setting get everything ready. put glue on the light heavy and also on the truck holes heavy and quickly slap it on the truck and put the screws in it quickly. blam sealed. ;) of course to remove it again might be tuff and might break it but it can still be ripped off. ;) or just try some thick foam. black if you can get some to make your own new gasket.the stock gasket is pretty thick! just slap it on the truck and cut out the extra with a razor blade.
or if you real lazy just get some expanding foam spray in the hole BUT just be sure to tape off the area of the truck real good so the foam wont expand and stick to the paint. go at least 6inches around the area with tape and paper. once dry just trim the area so the light will go back in. it should at least keep most the water from pouring in.

OR easiest just rip that ebay crap out and go back stock. LOL

Or...weld up those humungo holes & eliminate it. Add a small one between the tailgate & rollpan. (Ooops! Let the cat outa the bag again!)

And now...back to your regular programming!

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
You could also use clear silicone around the base, just make a small bead so it will be neat and almost if at all noticable

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a small, thin, round, rubber piece that came out and looks very ragged. I think it fits around the drain hose. The rubber is flexible and the drain part seems to be a hard plastic. The water drips out through the opening that the rubber piece fits in I think. I hope that I can find that little rubber part or I might have to do some type of modification. Thanks again. I love my Suburban. K&N filters, Edelbrock shocks, Magnaflow muffler and 110,000 miles.

94burb

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found a diagram of both the front and rear ac systems online at gmpartsonline.net
It helps to be able to see how it's put together.