94 5.7 TBI ignition problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPetroJr

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this forum. This one seems to be getting good results. I have a 94 silverado that I bought with cracked heads and decided to build back but has been a nightmare. New summit vortec heads comp cam 268/454 110 love separation. Bored 40 over. New everything except crank. Cannot get timing set properly. Base timing is 20 and with computer plugged up it’s 36-40 truck starts and idles fine but stumbles when accelerating. At base 0 and computer at 16 it pops through exhaust. Rebuilt TBI unit all new sensors. Need some help

JPetroJr

Reaction score
Stock chip..vortec fuel pump. Runs a lot better with the new pump but still stumbles

WV_Dave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Impossible to say for sure without sensor data.

Very possible to say that it would run WAY better and you could take advantage of that cam and any other upgrades with a tune. See if anyone in your area can hook up to your OBD1 port, look for/fix problems, and make you a custom chip.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock chip..vortec fuel pump. Runs a lot better with the new pump but still stumbles
Are you running the stock Throttle Body and injectors? With Vortec heads and that cam, you need more fuel, air, and a tune. I have a similar setup and am running a bored 46mm TB with 20PSI fuel pressure with an EP381 Vortec pump, and a more aggressive SA table.

JPetroJr

Reaction score
Yes sir it is stock TBI. Don’t really understand the computer part I am more old school than that. I know this stuff has been around a while but I’m not up on it at all