93 4l60 overdrive shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

93blazehorse

Reaction score
the trans has been acting up in my 93 blazer, i have a shudder in 4th going up slight grades when the tc is locked, you can step on the brakes or kick it down and it goes away, now my trans is due for a service, would that help the shudder? or am i looking at bigger problems perhaps? the trans works fine otherwise, but id like to know if i should inventory a trans, im picking up a 92 gmc seirra 1/.5 ton 4x4 and im thinking it might be worthwhile to steal the trans out of it if mine is going on its way out

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
My truck did that, it was TCC shudder. If the rest of the trans is healthy, then you need only mechanically eliminate the TCC PWM function. It does require dropping the valve body, but it doesn't take rocket appliances and it's a great opportunity to replace the plate which is definitely beat and install a shift kit.

93blazehorse

Reaction score
i would think itd be simpler than that, wouldnt i be able to cut whatever powers the switch and leave t at that? i mean again i dont know exactly what im doing with electronics if it was a non computerized version id have more of a clue as to what im doing, but it isnt so i dont.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No, because then that you'd never get lockup at all. Depending on the year, you can just flip the innards around so that they mechanically always allow fluid to flow past. There's the lockup solenoid, and then there's the PWM bit. The PWM is what you're disabling. They just added it in after the fact. The 4L80E was designed from the get go so it only has a PWM valve.