92GMC build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Looks pretty good! There's a little work to do, but I don't see much in the way of rust- a miracle for these trucks. Does she need a little torsion crank there? Looks like she's ridin' a little low on the front in the first two pics :) But then in the second two pic it looks just fine. Heck, why does it even matter? TRUCK LOOKS AWESOME! I love that red- that's the color that you're going with, I'm assuming- unless your going to color-match it to the front left quarter panel! :lol:

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks! it is riding low in the front, but it has a size smaller tire on the front too. when i get the trans rebuilt, and the rear end swapped, i wanna run some nbs wheels and 285s so ill have to crank it a little anyways. hopefully pull a part has all the front end parts i need.

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
started it up and drove it around a little bit today. runs like **** and started pouring out antifreeze from somewhere. looks like beside the water pump? ill have to tear into it later to figure it out.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Good luck man, hope you get everything figured out. Looks like and awesome project though!!!

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i hope so too. the antifreeze that it was leaking was rusty looking so im betting a front freeze plug let loose. wont know for sure untill i take some of the accesories off the front

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
When was the last time that you had her out and running? BTW: do she have the 5.7 TBI? (Sorry, I refer to all trucks as 'shes')