6.0 4L80E 2WD in my K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ive wanted to do a 6.0 swap for a while and I just ran across a deal on a 6.0 with the 4L80E. I was about to buy it when I realized it was from a 2wd. I dont knoww all of the implications of that. How much of an issue will that be to overcome? Is it possible to make the 2wd tranny work with my 4wd transfer case and stuff or will I have to try to sell the transmission and buy a 4wd 4L80E?

Its got low enough miles on it that I wasnt planning on rebuilding anything. FYI

On a side note what is the average going price for a 6.0 with the 4L80E and approx 80k miles?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you could get away with a divorced transferring case but youll spend a bit of money on having two new driveshafts built, plus maintenance on three driveshafts instead of two if a u joint goes bad. personally snag up the engine and trans and sell the trans and look for a 4wd one. thats your best bet

lsx prices depend on area alot, and how new of an engine it is. ive seen complete 6.0 combos from newer trcks with that mileage with harness computer and everything for around 2k, now if these people are getting that i truly dont know. ill tell you though i can find 5.3s all day long for about 3-500 bucks, 4l60es for around 200 and so on. sometimes you can get lucky and snag up a combo for dirt cheap if you pull it and all that.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I could very well be wrong but I believe that the t-case will work with the proper adapter and transmission output shaft.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know a thing about a 4wd, but as far as value of a 6.0 with a 4L80E with low mileage, I would say $2500-3500 range.