5.7 vortec issues, any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97Obs

Reaction score
I currently rebuilt my engine due to the intake gasket leaking and the truck ran hot. It cracked both heads so I took it to the shop for a rebuild. I rebuilt it using reman heads a new cam (pt # 14097395) from the ht383e and new lifters. It is currently untuned. After I put it back in it was throwing a cam crank correlation, miss fire, and o2 sensor codes. I put a new distributor in zero'd the cam retard and replaced the o2. The computer isn't throwing and codes but it feels like it is skipping at idle under load while warm. On cold starts when I give it alittle throttle to take off it will bog down. If I give it more throttle it smooths out. It also has new plugs and wires. This one has got me stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had more than my fair share of crappy distributor caps causing misfiring on a vortec.