5.3 and trans swap into a 97

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What he said, plus if your going to far as to do the swap chances are your going to want all the power out of it you can get.. plus might as well have them tune the e fans on while your at it. Assuming your 02 isn't already set up.

Gambles

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah as far as the anti theft it has to be gone, won't start without the key from the 02 otherwise, anything else as far as tune is kind of unnecessary, but it's all stuff you will want down the road. if you do heads cam intake exhaust, all gets tuned into it, plus you can kill all the egr/o2 sensors anything emissions related

livinginh

Reaction score
Yeah as far as the anti theft it has to be gone, won't start without the key from the 02 otherwise, anything else as far as tune is kind of unnecessary, but it's all stuff you will want down the road. if you do heads cam intake exhaust, all gets tuned into it, plus you can kill all the egr/o2 sensors anything emissions related

Hadn't planned on any big mods, may do headers and new cam and such while I have it out already.