4l80e problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the issue just happened this morning. The truck won’t shift out of park. I tore the dash apart because I broke the shift lever bracket and while I was in there I can’t even pull on the cable to get it out of park. If I get underneath the truck I can put it in gears and have it roll but it won’t shift from the cabin. Anyone have this happen to them or know what’s going on?

wkobe88822

Reaction score
So the issue just happened this morning. The truck won’t shift out of park. I tore the dash apart because I broke the shift lever bracket and while I was in there I can’t even pull on the cable to get it out of park. If I get underneath the truck I can put it in gears and have it roll but it won’t shift from the cabin. Anyone have this happen to them or know what’s going on?
Sounds like your brake pedal interlock is fighting you

Jaredpear

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like your brake pedal interlock is fighting you

I figured it out. It’s the little white plastic bracket thing that has a cable on it. It locked it in park and I guess it’s stuck so if it’s in it’s slot it won’t let me out of park so now it’s just unhooked and everything works great! Thanks for the reply though!