454 to 6.5 TD swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
The one I was talking about is the passenger side where the wiring to the PCM goes. Other bigass plug. :)

Richard
thanks for clearing that up did the c100 plug ever change I am asking because if I can not get a good harness at a junk yard (if that is what is why it wont start) (there could be a problem that I do not even know about) I may make one out of the 2 that I have.

I still have to figure out how to connect the fuel pump to the relay.

I have watched every video on youtube about no spark no fuel no injector pulse and none of them have helped much or solved whatever is wrong here

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ya know, that may all come thru the passenger side on the TBI. And since the diesel never had a pump, I could see that all being MIA. But the relay lives on the firewall, all you really need is a power source as the ECM should be pinned to that relay.

99xcss4

Reaction score
I am not do not think got what you mean there. behind glove box the pcm is plugged in the black flat rectangle plug is plugged in on driver side lower fire wall giant pug is plugged in and the bolt is tight engine harness dose have fuel relay and terminal strip they are mounted to the top of the passenger side of the fire wall like they should be like they were in the suburban

this is what a 94 6.5 td engine bay looks like
You must be registered for see images attach

99xcss4

Reaction score
now my engine bay looks like this one that has had a carb swap done but tbi harness is left
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I know what they look like, I was just rambling on about something that was likely already covered. In a Vortec fuel pump wiring would run through the driver's side, on yours for both applications it likely has some form of participation through the passenger's side too.

99xcss4

Reaction score
mybad by any chance can the ignition switch be a problem I do not know gas diesel use the same ignition switch or not. as far as I know diesels do not have an ignition system they only a glowplug system and fuel shutoff

99xcss4

Reaction score
I was able to find this over at gearhead "Perhaps the ECM is not seeing a Distributor Reference Pulse (DRP)? Once the ECM sees DRP's the fuel pump relay is sent 12 volts (relay low side). Without DRP's the ECM will not send 12 volts to the fuel pump relay. The DRP comes from the distributor ignition module." I knew the icm played into the fuel but only knew some of it this was a big help and I think is part of the problem. I still do not know if it is the only reason for the no start with every thing bypassed and connected directly to the battery though. I also need to replace the injector wire since they were very briefly on fire and see if there is injector pulse with a new distributor