3RD Brake Light Connector/Plug

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is a long shot but would anyone know the part number for the connector at the 3rd bake light be? The female side is what I am looking for... Google image search came up with nothing.
You must be registered for see images attach

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought I understood what you were looking for - the harness end - but it sounds more like you want the opposite side which would normally be on the socket base? I don't know if GM offers that in a separate part since normally it's a part of the CHMSL / 3rd brake light itself. Are you making some kind of custom piece? You may be better off buying some cheapo Chinese LED 3rd brake light and chopping the connector off.. maybe cheaper that way. Example - here's one for $16. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-1994...538565?hash=item3b2e5738c5:g:wFIAAOSwhQpd1jJ7 - the opposite side of the pigtail alone costs more than that from GM / AC Delco!

The confusion on male vs. female - the truck harness portion I would consider the male side, since it has the protruding pins. Only the plastic connector housing would appear female in that case. The CHMSL side has the female (socket) pins.

My original reply had this info for anyone that may be looking for the harness pigtail - GM part # 12102900 or AC Delco PT382; expect to spend at least $25 for this pigtail but that's no shocker as repair pigtails are usually way more expensive than you think they oughta be.

Richard

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
I have a part list for all of the GM plugs out in the shop. I will be going out in a while and I will see if there is a listing for the plug end that you are looking for

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hmm, I thought I understood what you were looking for - the harness end - but it sounds more like you want the opposite side which would normally be on the socket base? I don't know if GM offers that in a separate part since normally it's a part of the CHMSL / 3rd brake light itself. Are you making some kind of custom piece? You may be better off buying some cheapo Chinese LED 3rd brake light and chopping the connector off.. maybe cheaper that way. Example - here's one for $16. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smoke-1994...538565?hash=item3b2e5738c5:g:wFIAAOSwhQpd1jJ7 - the opposite side of the pigtail alone costs more than that from GM / AC Delco!

The confusion on male vs. female - the truck harness portion I would consider the male side, since it has the protruding pins. Only the plastic connector housing would appear female in that case. The CHMSL side has the female (socket) pins.

My original reply had this info for anyone that may be looking for the harness pigtail - GM part # 12102900 or AC Delco PT382; expect to spend at least $25 for this pigtail but that's no shocker as repair pigtails are usually way more expensive than you think they oughta be.

Richard

Yep i am looking for the Brake light end side so i guess thats called the male side after my research and the female side is on the truck cab. After doing a ton of research I found the parts from the supplier on Mouser Electronics website. Along with the crimp pins for the plug! But yes your are correct I am doing a custom thing for the break light. I am tried of trying those cheap ass lights to never work and seal right.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a part list for all of the GM plugs out in the shop. I will be going out in a while and I will see if there is a listing for the plug end that you are looking for

Thanks dude would you be able to double check the part numbers i posted above? If not no big deal i ordered the above parts and should be in sometime this week so ill be able to check and make sure they are correct.