3500 front end on a z71 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
ok so i found a 6" superlift with all the parts for $70 at a local junk yard and now i dont know what direction to go ? ? its kinda hard to pass up the lift for that cheap and i can still buy parts for the solid axle at that price and still have a lifted truck to cruse around in will im building up my parts to do the swap . does anyone have one of these lifts on there trucks ? if so how does it ride and drive and any problems with it ?

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
I would avoid a used lift like the plague! You will end up spending almost as much as buying a new one just replacing the worn out steering parts and thats if said lift parts are not tweeked by whatever put the donor in the junk yard in the first place. Put it this way....how much is your life and the lives of those you care about worth to you? You are talking about altering major components of your truck. This is NOT an area to cheap out on.

Sent from the middle of nowhere

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
What are you and Tyler both doing that are causing you to blow cv's so quickly? I put my 96 thru more than alot of people could imagine and never once had a problem with it blowing cv's and it was fully cranked on 35's and Hunter had 37's fully cranked and didnt hear about him replacing cv's as frequent as it seems you are

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
What are you and Tyler both doing that are causing you to blow cv's so quickly? I put my 96 thru more than alot of people could imagine and never once had a problem with it blowing cv's and it was fully cranked on 35's and Hunter had 37's fully cranked and didnt hear about him replacing cv's as frequent as it seems you are

Good question

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score

I was going to say my truck has never blown through a cv shaft with 35's and a 6 inch lift! How do all of you're angles look, and do you currently have a crank on the torsion bars?

Reaction score
I would avoid a used lift like the plague! You will end up spending almost as much as buying a new one just replacing the worn out steering parts and thats if said lift parts are not tweeked by whatever put the donor in the junk yard in the first place. Put it this way....how much is your life and the lives of those you care about worth to you? You are talking about altering major components of your truck. This is NOT an area to cheap out on.

yea thats a very good point thanks for that input !

and as far as blowing cvs i have a built 355 and a lead foot lol not to mention my torsion bars are cranked to the max and i think im blowing them out because of a bad cv angle for the most part . yall think after i got a lift i would go through cv axles less often ? trying to stay away from a solid axle as much as i can just because of the ride quality of an ifs and not to mention the only way i would go solid axle is if i did a 3 link and thats goin to cost big $ $ $ to do it the way i want it done .

nice truck btw jparker ! i looked at getting a set of bmf wheels .

Last edited:

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
4" all lift no crank.

i made my own at work with u joints but they were too big at the time, so i put the cvs back in and just took my driveshaft out in front.

Last edited:

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
yea thats a very good point thanks for that input !

and as far as blowing cvs i have a built 355 and a lead foot lol not to mention my torsion bars are cranked to the max and i think im blowing them out because of a bad cv angle for the most part . yall think after i got a lift i would go through cv axles less often ? trying to stay away from a solid axle as much as i can just because of the ride quality of an ifs and not to mention the only way i would go solid axle is if i did a 3 link and thats goin to cost big $ $ $ to do it the way i want it done .

nice truck btw jparker ! i looked at getting a set of bmf wheels .

Thanks man! And yeah I'm pretty sure you would not blow cv axles with a suspension lift. It will drop down your front diff, and you're tb keys to give you close to stock angles