2013 Speed Week Land Speed Racing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yeah that salt does coat everything, even just driving and parking on it I had it caked in the wheel wells of my little commuter car.

heh yeah #21 was one of my favorite vehicles out there this year too.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
awesome pics!!! number 21 is sick!
Hell yeah man that thing is unreal.. love that exhaust.

Thanks, yeah that salt does coat everything, even just driving and parking on it I had it caked in the wheel wells of my little commuter car.

heh yeah #21 was one of my favorite vehicles out there this year too.

That's brutal, imagine its fun trying to wash all of that out.
I'm not exactly sure if that stuff is just as corrosive? Or is it some hybrid salt/sand mix lol

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell yeah man that thing is unreal.. love that exhaust.

That's brutal, imagine its fun trying to wash all of that out.
I'm not exactly sure if that stuff is just as corrosive? Or is it some hybrid salt/sand mix lol

yeah pic 22 is the custom intake from the car in 21. its pretty cool, I believe its a hilborn injection system.

its pure salt pretty much from the ancient dry lake bed, its more corrosive than the salt/sand mix stuff they put on the roads, there's even a morton salt facotry pretty close that produces solar salt from the area.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
yeah pic 22 is the custom intake from the car in 21. its pretty cool, I believe its a hilborn injection system.

its pure salt pretty much from the ancient dry lake bed, its more corrosive than the salt/sand mix stuff they put on the roads, there's even a morton salt facotry pretty close that produces solar salt from the area.

Oh woah! Tahfook, I didn't look long enough to put 2 and 2 together, I instantly see chrome pipes and assume exhaust lmao
Hahah I figured it would be but I wasn't sure. The hell is solar salt?

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh woah! Tahfook, I didn't look long enough to put 2 and 2 together, I instantly see chrome pipes and assume exhaust lmao
Hahah I figured it would be but I wasn't sure. The hell is solar salt?

yeah, kinda crazy, 'eh? heh...

solar salt is salt for water softeners. I think the plant that is over there is for non-food grade stuff like that, I don't think they process for table salt, its more like solar salt, or animal salt (salt licks, etc)...stuff like that.