1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
yeah the 3.42 would explain it, in my old truck i could get up to 20 mpg on the highway doing 55-60 if i was doing a trip, the truck i have now on the other hand has had vaccum leaks and O2 sensors and blah blah blah, ever since i got it and ive been slowly fixing all the problem but i know i havent gotten milage even worth tracking, like probably 10 mpg on the highway :(

Physh1

Reaction score
You're probably still barely on the safe side of lean...enough to maximize power/combustion/mileage before you hit detonation. Just my guess...

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
yeah after all my troubles with my truck, all 4 of my O2 sensors are throwing codes but she is running like 90% right now, but damn good gas mileage, id imagine that fixing the o2 sensors would give it more power

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man, this thing just wants to nickel and dime me to death. I got the new A/C compressor, dryer and orifice tube installed last weekend and will be getting the system charged up on Tuesday. That's the good news. The bad news is that it looks like I'm in need of a new radiator now. I just can't get ahead, man.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
You have to consider, up until you bought it, nothing major had been done to it maintainence wise. (not that it really needed it)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jason.. The meaning of GM is "Got Money?" lol... Its seems to always be something, never really major stuff.. but just enough to keep a steady drip out your wallet :(

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You have to consider, up until you bought it, nothing major had been done to it maintainence wise. (not that it really needed it)

Yeah. I know. Plus it was parked for about 2 years before I got it.

Jason.. The meaning of GM is "Got Money?" lol... Its seems to always be something, never really major stuff.. but just enough to keep a steady drip out your wallet :(

No kidding. I am glad that it's been relatively minor stuff that I can take care of myself, but when money is as tight as it is around here, it stings a bit.

I do hope that this solves my magically disappearing coolant problem, though. I had been worried about the intake gasket being the culprit since I could never find any evidence of a leak. Hopefully the radiator is the only perp and I've caught it red-handed.