1999 Tahoe front drive shaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff1953

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 99 Tahoe and trying to put the front drive shaft in and the splines have some rust in there and am having trouble getting it to slide in, do i put some lube on the splines or not, also did they only make one size splines and number of. want to thank you in advance.

jeff1953

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, well I got the drive shaft in but now the new push button shift switch, it and the service 4x4 system light both will flash every now and then, I have not changed the front differential lock motor yet. any Idea's, thanks.

jeff1953

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok my Tahoe 99 4x4 I have replaced the push button switches in, the T case shift motor, and now the front differential lock switch, now what else could be wrong still won't lock in like it should.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Yukon has same issue, but I never got my front shaft in, when u start mine , lights blink on the buttons and eventually they quit blinking and the red nuetral light comes on....all while driving down the road. I e been through all wiring and is all good, put in same part as u did and finally hooked scanner at the shop to it and cannot communicate with the tcase, long story short is the tccm( transfer case control module) is bad . It's like $350 for a reman and the fact I can't get my front shaft in means I'll need to rebuild tcase or replace it, I'm not spending that much cash on a tccm. Luckily I can get a donor tcase, buttons, and tccm for a non auto tcase ( mine has auto 4x4 and the donor only has 2hi,4hi,and 4lo) and u couldn't pay me to use 4auto anyways, it'll be worth my money to swap in another one. I was tempted to out a manual tcase in but didn't have a donor trans tunnel to cut and weld Into my Yukon. Hope my babbling helps ya out some , I'd point at the tccm being your issue. I'd check for power and ground at the tccm plug before replacing it tho, I believe there are a few circuits that power the complete 4x syatem. Also grounding points tend to rust and cause big issues too.