1998 K2500 Single Cab Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
This came out really good. I like how you kept the frame in one piece. There's a project truck that I see around every once and a while and the guy had a single cab long bed dually that he made into a short bed. But he just cut a section out and then welded and plated the frame back together (its a flat bed so its easily seen).

It is soooo much more work to do it that way, and it will never be as strong as mine is. I did a lot of research and figuring before i just started hacking at it. I washed it before it got dark.

You must be registered for see images attach

I just wish i could take some better quality pics for yall. I know alot of yall want more details on it.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It is soooo much more work to do it that way, and it will never be as strong as mine is. I did a lot of research and figuring before i just started hacking at it. I washed it before it got dark.

You must be registered for see images

I just wish i could take some better quality pics for yall. I know alot of yall want more details on it.

Looks good man!

98_k1500

Reaction score
My pics are terrible. The paint on the truck looks good. its not as it appears on the pics lol

98_k1500

Reaction score
I'll be looking into the brake light mod this and trying to finish the receiver hitch this weekend. Also will probably be hooking up my pa and my marine radio. (will probably do away with the cb, nobody around here runs them anymore) Any other free/very cheap mods that anyone can think of? Im kinda broke at the moment, saving for a new set of 35s. I have the stuff to build a heavy duty headlight harness, just got to get the time to fab it up and put it on. Anyone have any other ideas?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
4 corner mod and just clean up and paint stuff

98_k1500

Reaction score
I have the no corner mod lol. May check into the led's, i had forgot about that one. Does anyone know off the top of their head how many it takes to do a full truck? Instrument cluster, ac control head, under dash, headlight switch, window switches, door panel lights, glove box light? Did i forget any?

98_k1500

Reaction score
And then the question is what color? My pioneer is red, but i have white interior lights.