1996 K1500 Intermittent No Shift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, at the tail end of winter, I found out that every now and then my truck will just not shift. I was in the highway and I felt the truck jolt a bit, and my tach was pegged at 0, and my Speedo pegged at 100 (i was doing about 80, so gravity just took it there.) and the rpms audibly got high, as if it down shifted, and t wouldn't upshift or downshift. At lights it was as if I had a high stall converter, where wouldn't move until about 1700 rpm (sometimes after a while the gauges start working again.) it would only happen once in a blue moon, so I didn't worry too much about it. Shift the truck off for a minute and it'd be fine again.

Well, recently, I was following a buddy somewhere, and I brake torqued it a bit just to be annoying, and it did its no shift thing again. Now it seems to happen nearly every time, or every other time I drive it. I bought the truck last July, and I was told it had a new trans with about 30,000 miles on it. I do get codes, and I believe its electrical, like a lost or dirty connection somewhere.

P0753- Shift Sol A Circuit
P0758- Shift Sol B Circuit
P1860- TCC PWM Sol Ckt
P1864- TCC Ckt
P1886- 3-2 Cntrl Sol

After a few of the codes, it specifically states "electrical." The truck is a 1996 K1500 with a 5.7 and 4L60e. Anyone have any insight? It's more annoying than anything else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black_cirrus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Could be the connector or the harness in the pan. With those codes could be losing power or ground into the trans. I don't remember if they are power or ground switched circuits. Check the connector on the transmission first.

adray96

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you guys, what exactly would i be looking for? Obviously the ground would be a dirty mounting point or something, but connector wise, would I just be looking for a loose or corroded connector?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk