1995 gmc 1500 AK style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crdude

Reaction score
Figured I'd start a build thread.. I drive this truck daily so the build will take some time.

Sorry about not having previous pics of the truck, here's the specs
1995 gmc, extended cab short bed. 4x4, 350 auto.
What's been done to it so far
Steel cowl hood
2/4" lowering kit
20" boss 335 rims
Tint
System
Side exit exhaust
Removed step side bed and put a reg bed on it
Few general pics of the truck
You must be registered for see images attach

Starting on body work, plan is to get it straightened out one dent at a time as I have the time to so it. Then the truck will be painted black .

Just finished up on the driver side fender, had a golf ball sized dent right above the body line.
I didn't bother taping off the rest of the fender, figured a little over spray wouldn't hurt sense it will all be getting sanded down soon enough.

If you have comments, questions or suggestions feel free to PM me.

Last edited:

crdude

Reaction score
Got rid of the surface rust on the body, layed a thin layer of filler down, roughed it in with 60, then moved to 320 and finished off with a 600.

crdude

Reaction score
Haven't done to much to the truck other then fix a small dent that was close to the third brake light on the cab.

OD started slipping. Just collecting parts for now, have an overhaul kit, transgo hd2 shift kit, vette servo and a wider 3/4 band. Just need to get the some more parts and drop the trans and hope the hard parts look good.