1994 1500 & 1999 2500 TD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Nice trucks. But im curious about the K2500...Does it still have its fan shrouds on the rad or just the upper one? Myself and another member on here have been talking about the feasibility of body lifting a Diesel and after some chatting on the truckstop forum i got the feeling it was gonna be a major hassle to make it all work

C2,its not all that bad, i made shroud extension side fillers and a lower filler on my mudder with the bigblock from some sheet metal in between the upper and lower halves and a drop filler from the bottom of the rad support, the 6.5 can be done in the same manner.

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Thanks for the info outalne94z71. The PMD has not been relocated yet, but it one of the first things to order on my list. It seems to do alright now, as i drove it about an hour and half straight home, and the gauge stayed about 180 degrees or so. I have done some research over the past few months about the pros-cons. The oil line clip failure is something i had not read about before, so im glad you pointed that out. I will be sure to look into the oil cooler kit. I will also look into the balancer and pulley. Possible buy a spare of each to keep in the toolbox with a spare pmd. I really do appreciate the info. I dont plan to use it to tow much, but i would rather be safe then sorry.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Thanks for the info outalne94z71. The PMD has not been relocated yet, but it one of the first things to order on my list. It seems to do alright now, as i drove it about an hour and half straight home, and the gauge stayed about 180 degrees or so. I have done some research over the past few months about the pros-cons. The oil line clip failure is something i had not read about before, so im glad you pointed that out. I will be sure to look into the oil cooler kit. I will also look into the balancer and pulley. Possible buy a spare of each to keep in the toolbox with a spare pmd. I really do appreciate the info. I dont plan to use it to tow much, but i would rather be safe then sorry.

i just had a buddy who is now cutting up his 95 suburban due to that clip and losing all the oil, many stories out there just like it, can't shut it off fast enough and unfortunately you cannot just get the crank ground with new bearings as the hardening does not go deep enough into the crank

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
I will definitely take a look into that. Thanks again. I just have two questions for you. You said to use a diesel additive in every tank. I searched the advance auto parts store, and they have a product called Diesel Kleen. Any experience with that? What brand do you use? And my other question is about diesel. I work at Valvoline, so our diesel is Premium Blue, and Premium Blue Extreme (Synthetic formula). What brand oil do you use? I hear a lot of people use Rotella, but i cant really find a good reason as to why they use it other than its cheap and widely available. I want my truck to last, and with the proper maintenance, and fixing the things you mentioned, hopefully it will. Thanks again, i really appreciate the help as i am new to the diesel community.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
C2,its not all that bad, i made shroud extension side fillers and a lower filler on my mudder with the bigblock from some sheet metal in between the upper and lower halves and a drop filler from the bottom of the rad support, the 6.5 can be done in the same manner.

Can you post some pics of this mod somewhere? It would be nice to at least install a 2" body lift somehow. As for the PMD relocation i did this how to awhile ago when i installed a PMD cable relocation kit on my truck

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?10455-How-to-PMD-FSD-Relocation-on-a-6-5-Turbo-Diesel-and-why-it-needs-to-be-done

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
I will definitely take a look into that. Thanks again. I just have two questions for you. You said to use a diesel additive in every tank. I searched the advance auto parts store, and they have a product called Diesel Kleen. Any experience with that? What brand do you use? And my other question is about diesel. I work at Valvoline, so our diesel is Premium Blue, and Premium Blue Extreme (Synthetic formula). What brand oil do you use? I hear a lot of people use Rotella, but i cant really find a good reason as to why they use it other than its cheap and widely available. I want my truck to last, and with the proper maintenance, and fixing the things you mentioned, hopefully it will. Thanks again, i really appreciate the help as i am new to the diesel community.

i use rotella synthetic with wix filter, valvoline makes good oil, if you get it at a reasonable price i see no reason not to use it, i take it by your name you are in michigan so i would recommend the synthetic as it will give you easier starts in the winter.

most guys use rotella or delo 400 because of price and easy to get anywhere and they are really good oils