Z71 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You can see from the 88-89 parts catalog the Z71 RPO was first used in 1984. I have seen several 89’s with decals, but never an 88. I’m pretty sure 89 was the 1st year they were available from the factory with decals.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Correct...factory decals. However, you could order a truck with the decal delete option (RPO code 9R1). My brothers '89 Z71 came without beside decals.
Yes, I remember this too. I remember several 88-up Silverado 4x4’s that were purchased new without decals. Also some came without the tailgate band.

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You can see from the 88-89 parts catalog the Z71 RPO was first used in 1984. I have seen several 89’s with decals, but never an 88. I’m pretty sure 89 was the 1st year they were available from the factory with decals.

The off road options on the square bodies were not the same or the same brand of components as the GMT400's had though. As so often the confusing case GM was using the same RPO code for different years and/or options. I do remember my 86 K10 I bought I bought with 15k on it had factory skid plates but the skid plates were listed separately on the build sheet. No Bilstein shocks.

I still seem to recall the Z71 option as we know it on the GMT400's was first offered in 1990 or 91. I THINK the Bilsteins didn't appear until then. With or without the decals.....

Vikingdude

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Yukon came with all of the options save for the bilsteins, as far as I can gather those were only available via the Z71 package.