***Your HID Questions Answered Here.***

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Oh alright we'll with the kit and harness it came out to like 45 bucks so it's worth a shot

Here's what people don't realize about the difference between ddm's economy kits and our Level-1 kits(not economy, just lowest level). I went to their site just now and put together the cheapest kit I could using H1-6000K-35w as the base, then adding everything that we already include in our setup.

SHOPPING CART

H1/H7 to 9006 Adaptor Cable
$8.00 x 1

DDM HID Kit, 35W, H1, 6000K
$29.95 x 1

Pair of Mounting brackets for 35W DDM Ballasts
$2.99 x 1

HID Kit Wiring Harness
$9.99 x 1

Subtotal: $50.93

S/H is $22.05

Total shipped would be $72.98 for DDM's full setup, Manufactured by Tiantar in China for DDM Tuning. Our cost is what's charged locally, which is the $90-retail price($75 was intro price, not anymore), we also do that price including s/h to anywhere in continental North America, Manufactured by MAAC in Taiwan for HyPer Auto-Lites.

So yes we're $17.02 higher, and can sometimes take up to 10-12days for our stuff to reach you(we ship Priority Mail) because our stock is depleted faster than we can restock our local warehouse. But, I'd like for you to participate in just (1) test with me, count the seconds of warmup time when you get them in. Our lumisphere shows 2900lumens at 1.8sec, and full brightness of almost 3500lumens in ~4sec.

Just throwing that out there for anyone interested, not advertising, just educating :p

Last edited:

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Here's what people don't realize about the difference between ddm's economy kits and our Level-1 kits(not economy, just lowest level). I went to their site just now and put together the cheapest kit I could using H1-6000K-35w as the base, then adding everything that we already include in our setup.

SHOPPING CART

H1/H7 to 9006 Adaptor Cable
$8.00 x 1

DDM HID Kit, 35W, H1, 6000K
$29.95 x 1

Pair of Mounting brackets for 35W DDM Ballasts
$2.99 x 1

HID Kit Wiring Harness
$9.99 x 1

Subtotal: $50.93

S/H is $22.05

Total shipped would be $72.98 for DDM's full setup, Manufactured by Tiantar in China for DDM Tuning. Our cost is what's charged locally, which is the $75-retail price, we also do that price including s/h to anywhere in continental North America, Manufactured by MAAC in Taiwan for HyPer HIDs.

So yes we're $2.02 higher, and can sometimes take up to 10-12days for our stuff to reach you(only ship first class mail, sometimes weather throws them off course), and sometimes our stock is depleted faster than we can restock our local warehouse. But, I'd like for you to participate in just (1) test with me, count the seconds of warmup time when you get them in. Our lumisphere shows 2900lumens at 1.8sec, and full brightness of almost 3500lumens in ~4sec.

Just throwing that out there for anyone interested, not advertising, just educating :p

Good info mike! i will have to cut and paste this into a wordpad file later to go with my info about our products.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Hmm, I didn't get an adaptor cable...

Well yeah, it's true that the 9005 and 9006 do not necessarily need an adapter cable, but depending on plug configuration, if you have to reverse the polarity of the plug, then you have to use a ziptie to hold the plugs together, else they can loosen over time causing missfires or a leak. A guy on here had that problem, it got loose, caused a leak and rusted the prongs so bad that they broke off inside the factory plug, so we had to replace his factory plug along with the plug on his harness. Not a big expense, just was a headache figuring out what the problem was of his random missfires with his ddm kit.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
1997 k1500. So I have DDM raptor lows 35 watt 5,000k now Discontinued due to misfire and flicker complaints. Mine misfire even with the harness but not all the time. I'm attributing it to the common ballast wear and tear. I have the dual in/out harness on lows. 4 hi mod and 55 watt 5,000k slim ballast highs with dual in/out. No misfires ever. I've set the highs on before turning the lights on and the lows are the only ones that misfire. I'm waiting for the ballast to take a dump so I can replace it. DDM has great stuff although shipping is a drag. I have stock housings and have never had trouble with glaring oncoming traffic. I want to get new front lights but every time I threw a set on fsc people screamed that I need glare caps. I kinda get the point but it would make for some bad dark spots do I really need the caps? What should I do for housings. I want smoked lenses with chrome reflectors. Heads parks and sides. Matching like this.
You must be registered for see images attach
. I want this look. Light smoke but I can't find anything with glare caps. And any projectors I find have those stupid halo ring things on the high beams. I've heard nothing but good about tyc housings but I can't find smoked. And no. VHT nightshades will never be an option.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
1997 k1500. So I have DDM raptor lows 35 watt 5,000k now Discontinued due to misfire and flicker complaints. Mine misfire even with the harness but not all the time. I'm attributing it to the common ballast wear and tear. I have the dual in/out harness on lows. 4 hi mod and 55 watt 5,000k slim ballast highs with dual in/out. No misfires ever. I've set the highs on before turning the lights on and the lows are the only ones that misfire. I'm waiting for the ballast to take a dump so I can replace it. DDM has great stuff although shipping is a drag. I have stock housings and have never had trouble with glaring oncoming traffic. I want to get new front lights but every time I threw a set on fsc people screamed that I need glare caps. I kinda get the point but it would make for some bad dark spots do I really need the caps? What should I do for housings. I want smoked lenses with chrome reflectors. Heads parks and sides. Matching like this.
You must be registered for see images attach
. I want this look. Light smoke but I can't find anything with glare caps. And any projectors I find have those stupid halo ring things on the high beams. I've heard nothing but good about tyc housings but I can't find smoked. And no. VHT nightshades will never be an option.

To give you an idea, I've always ran HIDs in my stock housings with no glare caps, and as long as you spend about 10 minutes aiming them properly, you won't be bothered. I have NEVER EVER been flashed or bothered by law enforcement for my headlights. Hell, I've been pulled over before for other reasons during nighttime, HIDs shining bright, and they never gave my truck a second look. My point is, and some of the older guys may bash me for it, but if you take time to be considerate and aim them down towards the road a little, you'll be okay without glare caps. My dad is a cop, and drives a VERY low car, and I asked him once if my headlights bothered him while driving behind him at night, he said not one bit since I aimed them well.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
You don't need the glare caps. Mine don't.

I think the cars that glare really bad are the ones that only have one reflector for high and low beams. The gmt400 uses separate reflector for high and low beam which is why very few if any people have problems using HIDs.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score

I think the cars that glare really bad are the ones that only have one reflector for high and low beams. The gmt400 uses separate reflector for high and low beam which is why very few if any people have problems using HIDs.

The vehicles with dual beam(same bulb for both high and low beam)can have their housings "adjusted" for use with hids to block "rogue light beams" that tend to scatter off thru the night.....even the ones on our W/T gmt400s, the top edge of the glass likes to grab light beams from the bulbs and shoot them above the normal low beam cutoff line, so we prep the glass by sanding, then self etch primer, then paint the edge of the glass to block the stray light beams.

You can also use headlight visors to reflect the stray light down onto the road in front of you.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score

This is good to know. I really love these lights. Even being eBay specials I like the uniform look of them. They have led lowers but if they fail good luck trying to find them again. I was gonna run switchbacks at some point. If I can find some that don't lag like a ****

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
To give you an idea, I've always ran HIDs in my stock housings with no glare caps, and as long as you spend about 10 minutes aiming them properly, you won't be bothered. I have NEVER EVER been flashed or bothered by law enforcement for my headlights. Hell, I've been pulled over before for other reasons during nighttime, HIDs shining bright, and they never gave my truck a second look. My point is, and some of the older guys may bash me for it, but if you take time to be considerate and aim them down towards the road a little, you'll be okay without glare caps. My dad is a cop, and drives a VERY low car, and I asked him once if my headlights bothered him while driving behind him at night, he said not one bit since I aimed them well.

I have stock housings with no issues never had to re-aim them either. But the problem is the new lenses are crystal clear. Our stock lenses have ridges and such inside that break up the light beams so its not as intense. The aftermarket ones don't have that. I don't know if I should even care or not. I probably won't.