yellow fogs on there air deflecter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Not amber and not in the bumper valance:

You must be registered for see images attach

KChighlighter LX2 wide beams.

Not a fan of amber. Any coating on a lens means less useful light emitted.

Fogs work in snow and fog because they are low mounted and short.

Basically, you eyes look above the illumination in to the dark with illumination below. It keeps your eyes from loosing night vision and the iris closing up, thus letting less light in for you to see and you can clearly see what the low light hits. That's why high beams in snow are pretty much worse than no light at all.

Not talking out of my butt gents, I fly on night vision goggles into some of the worst weather you can think of.......we're pretty well educated on the effects of dark light and the human eye.

Now if you want yellow fogs because you like the look and don't care about sacrificing some feet in front (and to the side) of you, bolt 'em on and be happy with your choice!

:)

Last edited:

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
Lol! Copy all you want dude, I don't mind, as long as you give credit where credit is due! Lol. Those rear lights, they are wired into my reverse lights, and a separate toggle in the cab for work lights. Great when hooking a trailer in the dark, or having to see something behind the truck. Hell, I've even ran them when it was really foggy outside so others could see me for sure.

As for fog lights, I'm not sure why manufacturers use normal white light, it bounces off of the white snow just as much as headlights do. Ask any truck driver and they'd probably rather have yellow or amber, it cuts through the light. As for HID fogs, I'd like to get me a diesel bumper and either put some HID fogs in there, or some Rigid Industries LED lights in there.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

Sumbitch

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll trust any word Great White has to say. But I'm not in the financial situation to buy fancy-shmancy fogs like KC or anything. ~$100 for a pair is getting pricey for this high school student.

If (sorry. WHEN) I get amber fogs, they'd have amber lenses obviously, but I'd like to figure a way to get some amber-coated bulbs. Of which, after some couch-ridden internet surfing, I have found quite the list of yellow tinted halogen bulbs. I'm well aware that a white light behind a colored lens isn't allowing as much of that color to get through as, lets say an amber light behind an amber lens.

I love driving at night on a snow covered ghost road in the country with just my marker lights and the moon to see with. Its a feeling I look forward to almost every friday night in the winter.

btw prosho, I'll be sure to mention you whenever I post my "copies" in my build thread! lol

Last edited: