XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stepside90

Reaction score
Alrighty, got it done! Looks like the limited shaft works.mine was a bit of a #&@$ to get apart but managed to coax it into submission. I actually put the shaft in a vice, heated it up as instructed, and used a wrench around the lower piece of the shaft and hit it with the hammer. Saved smashing the shaft in least amount.I think it was a 14mmthat fit.what did everyone use to.cut the groove?I couldn't get my big ol grinder in there so ended up macGyver'n it xwith a big file.that was fun! Hah but all done..wow.what a difference. Major steering slop eliminated!

stepside90

Reaction score
Haha ok.well most unfortunately I didn't get pics of it til I got it in.phone was dead. But I will definitely write it up in detail and post it this weekend!

bdubyah

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody got a link to buy a new one? Wondering how much it would cost.

If they're quite a bit new, anyone here have an extra in good shape or willing to grab one?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
100+ bucks new from what ive gathered. my friend has stocked up on astro and jeep shafts for camaros trucks and firebird swaps, he blasts them powdercoats them and resells them.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these available. Its difficult for me to get to a salvage yard right now?

Sent from the drivers seat

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i have a friend with about 50 of them for camaro swaps, theyd be the same thing PM me if interested and ill talk to him and see if hell ship or whatever.