XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Jump on that guys, no lie best mod ever for a GMT400. My 92 handles better than a new truck.

Most of my slack was in my steering box, and I think that might be from rolling it. I swapped the box at the same time but I know that shaft makes it much quicker, and when going down the highway gives it more of a direct feel. The feel of the sloppy box and the worn out rag joint are different feels for sure and I'm really happy with the improvement on both. When there was a crosswind going 60 mph was where the rag joint pissed me off the most, and although I haven't driven it with a bad crosswind I'm sure I'll have no complaints. Honestly, it's pretty crappy when I can grab the steering shaft by my hand, with the truck NOT running, and twist on it and see the rag joint flex. Even with replacing the rag joint to a-like-new condition, it's still down hilll from there.

Shane_o_mac

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I posted this over on fullsizechevy too but if anyone is interested I can get some of these. When I was up there grabbing one there were 4 more up there for sure, if not 6 because I noticed two more jeep cherokee's there as I was leaving. Anyways I could go grab them some weekend and ship them out as I do UPS. Just shoot me a PM.

Just got my shaft from him today good guy quick shipping even painted it and greased it for me prolly put it in this week while im off.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
I posted this over on fullsizechevy too but if anyone is interested I can get some of these. When I was up there grabbing one there were 4 more up there for sure, if not 6 because I noticed two more jeep cherokee's there as I was leaving. Anyways I could go grab them some weekend and ship them out as I do UPS. Just shoot me a PM.

If ya still got one available lemme know please. Appreciate it.
The slop is starting to annoy me, i've dealt with it for too long.. all our roads have ruts in 'em and **** I get pulled all over the bloody road.

stepside90

Reaction score
Ok, so the question I have is does it have to be an XJ? There are a couple Jeeps in the Pick N Pull around here but they are a Cherokee limited and one is a Wagoneer(same body style and such) The shafts look the same as in the pictures

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
If ya still got one available lemme know please. Appreciate it.
The slop is starting to annoy me, i've dealt with it for too long.. all our roads have ruts in 'em and **** I get pulled all over the bloody road.

I've got 2 sitting in my garage.

Ok, so the question I have is does it have to be an XJ? There are a couple Jeeps in the Pick N Pull around here but they are a Cherokee limited and one is a Wagoneer(same body style and such) The shafts look the same as in the pictures

I don't think it matters. IIRC, one of two I've pulled came out of a limited.

Sent from my DEERE powered Droid

stepside90

Reaction score
Ok, I grabbed one today..for the life of me the dang thing wouldn't separate tho.I didn't want to beat the out it an break somethin so I left it alone. Exactly how are you guys getting yours apart and where are you hammering/prying/etc