XJ Steering Shaft Upgrade (88-94 Trucks) 95+instructions on page 31

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to heat it right up its got more plastic/Teflon then the non grand ones

92gmc4x4

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did the GC look like an older model?
They all look the same jeeps lol. I don't know the year but all the jeep shafts look the same except the grand is shorter tell it's heated up and pulled out

hbl1980

Reaction score
Anyone had anyluck with just replacing the ragjoint? I bought the Help kit today (Dorman 31002) and I will tackle this probably this weekend. Any tricks I should know?

cdubb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did this mod today... Now my steering wheel is a little to the right guess ill have to take it apart again tomorrow and see if I can fix it .... It will drive me bat s@&$ crazy if I don't

Last edited:

Blue 04 Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up my jeep shaft today for 9 bucks!! Pulled one off a 94. U joints feel smooth and not gritty.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
I posted this over on fullsizechevy too but if anyone is interested I can get some of these. When I was up there grabbing one there were 4 more up there for sure, if not 6 because I noticed two more jeep cherokee's there as I was leaving. Anyways I could go grab them some weekend and ship them out as I do UPS. Just shoot me a PM.