Writeup: Intake Resonator Removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
I run Holley pumps to delete this issue. What good is a 1/4 tank if it's not useable without shortening your pump life. You pay enough for gas already, why pay with some of the lifespan of your pump in trade for using your last 6+gallons of gas. :crazy:

you're gonna have to buy that 6 gallons of gas sometime, and you'll never have to worry about getting stuck because you want to run the tank bone dry...

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You wouldn't believe what that crazy a** mother F***** done to my truck ... (MOBS)

Took a damn Mountain Dew Can, cut the end off of it, Took off my Intake Resonator, and capped it off ... Un believeable !!!
Why would anyone want to do this to my truck ???
Here is the incriminating pics ...

You must be registered for see images

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
That's hilarious! But it ctually doesn't look all that bad!
What's almost just as funny, is that you found this thread from back in Sept of 2011!

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As far as noise ... I didn't hear anything different, even with the Air Cleaner Filter cover off ...
But what did happen was better throttle responce at red lights and passing on the interstates ... I don't "Hot rod" my truck, but I could def. tell that changes were made ...

The whole "MOBS" thing was a joke, We talked about it alot before we went under the hood of my truck ... lol
It seems (cant tell for sure yet) that it might be geting a little better gas mileage too ...
But in all, Yes ... I like the mod ...

jmc1997ck

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Flipping the lid on my TBI (non vortec) alone made it loud as **** when i floor it, and actually really helped with gas mileage. Flipped it and dropped a new $5 air filter in. Cheap mods ftw!

I did that to my grandma's old Caprice. Sounded cool and she didn't even notice...

gus310

Reaction score
I just picked up an s10 elbow without the resonator, if its the same tb opening size then it should work mint. I'll post back when I figure it out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

gus310

Reaction score
Tours out the clip and bolt hole are on the wrong side, I may try turning it around and get a cheap intake tube from auto one to put my k&n on and make an intake that goes to the drivers side front corner.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was looking for this thread while I was at Lowes today so I could get the cap, couldn't remember the size. Seach on taptalk = fail...

:nono: