Wont Start, has Fuel and Spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Im kinda stumped and worried

I just replaced the fuel pump with a Delphi unit Yesterday

I replaced the Ignition Coil 2 months ago. I hooked up the Fuel pressure Guage, I get 59-60 Psi.

Hooked up my spark plug tester to the number one cylinder and it sparks i can see it and hear it..... (and feel it, zapped myself on accident)

I replaced the Fuel Pump Yesterday and It ran very well through out the day, no check engine light....

Ive been cranking her over today and she wont go, sometimes it makes noise like its gonna start but never does.

I had a shop change the Timing chain at 100 thousand miles, its got 175 on her now.

any suggestions?

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
after a lot of cranking over, it finally started, id like to know why its giving me such a hard time.

I was so worried it was a timing chain, i replace them every 100k just to avoid that disaster.

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
Yea checked fuel pressure before I started this thread thinking I had a bad fuel pump out of the box. I

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
I replaced the distributor cap and rotor when I swapped out the spider injector assembly a year ago, so maybe 10,000 miles ago. The truck sat for a month and a half, so maybe bad gas? I. Don't know

rosco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vehicle Anti-Theft System. Is this on the 97 or the 91? If 97, the security light should be on the same spot as it is in my 98 Sub. Very top right corner of the gauge cluster. It should come on when you turn the key.