Will this 502 fit my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The blower will interfere with taller valve covers too.

Skunks you don't have a 34 gallon tank?

Flying Skunks

Reaction score
Tall covers will not work with a Whipple ..
I believe mine is under 30 gallons . Hate to say I'm not sure . Usually like $60-70 to fill the tank

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah that's the small tank. Long beds had 34 gallon tanks as an option. Senders are the same too, but mounting may may differ.

Reaction score
Grab a set of Vortec intake manifold gaskets and drop two bolts in them on the heads. That'll give you a good idea of match. Or not. If you plan to use your stock FI, the valve covers must be low profile. Any valve cover will fit into the truck. These are big covers. Covering adjustable roller rockers. These valve covers will not work on 96-99 Vortec with stock FI.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
That is an anemic airfilter by small block standards, why is that on a big block?

L29Sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That is an anemic airfilter by small block standards, why is that on a big block?
Because it fits with the already modified AC hose. And, its plenty for a truck. An SB requires RPMx2 to do the same work. The truck never saw 3500...air/fuel meter sez it was OK. That's my story...

Reaction score
Because it fits with the already modified AC hose. And, its plenty for a truck. An SB requires RPMx2 to do the same work. The truck never saw 3500...air/fuel meter sez it was OK. That's my story...

The RPM turned is irrelevant, to do a specific amount of work requires a specific amount of air fuel mix to be burned. Whether its through a high revving small block or slow lazy big block doesn't matter. The same amount of air must be ingested (not accounting for differences in efficiency). And whether you use a carb or EFI the fuel dispensed is determined by the air ingested, so A/F ratio on an o2 sensor is nearly irrelevant. Look at intake manifold vacuum at WOT.

Reaction score
If he cared about having "more" power, that might be a consideration. If he's happy as-is, it's not.

It's amazing how much air a small air filter will flow...if it's not plugged with dirt.
Maybe its just me but it seemed silly to choke a motor down like that, but to each his own i suppose.