white spray in bed liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am thinking about having a white spray in bed liner sprayed in my truck. What have you guys experience with a white liner? Do they fade, turn yellow, ECT. ? This is something I want to have done at a shop, like Rhino or Linex, something like that. I don't want a black liner, IMO it looks cheep on a white truck. Also I don't want to put a bed cap on, I do use the bed from time to time to haul things, so a cap would be in the way.

Last edited:

Z71Joey

Reaction score
I belive linex sprays color and they offer a warranty

karl02

Reaction score
Line X have white but I've heard that it will discolor or become yellowish overtime. You can ask a reputable shop about it. I know SEM "Rock It" has white as well.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
A white bedliner sounds like a nightmare to keep clean. Won't you have to scrub or pressure wash it constantly to keep it looking good?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
We sprayed several colors at my old job... I don't recall ever doing white, though. I've seen red fade to nasty pink... But I really think it depends on what they use to tint the bedliner. I did some Googling and ran across this:

"Some LINE-X dealers, including myself, use Dupont Ful-Thane Nason for color matches, including white. Nason is a urethane based automotive paint, it will not fade. I don't recommend white bedliners unless you put on a tonneau. The white textured bedliner shows EVERY spec of dirt and it's not easy to keep clean. For flare/rockers, I'm 50/50. BTW, you'll pay a premium for white, it's harder to work with. "
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/142185-White-bedliner

As far as keeping it clean, I always just used purple power on mine. Sprayed it on, maybe take a big brush to it or pressure wash it if it was really bad, rinse it off. Over 9 years it always looked brand new after I cleaned it, granted it was black.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We sprayed several colors at my old job... I don't recall ever doing white, though. I've seen red fade to nasty pink... But I really think it depends on what they use to tint the bedliner. I did some Googling and ran across this:

"Some LINE-X dealers, including myself, use Dupont Ful-Thane Nason for color matches, including white. Nason is a urethane based automotive paint, it will not fade. I don't recommend white bedliners unless you put on a tonneau. The white textured bedliner shows EVERY spec of dirt and it's not easy to keep clean. For flare/rockers, I'm 50/50. BTW, you'll pay a premium for white, it's harder to work with. "
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/142185-White-bedliner

As far as keeping it clean, I always just used purple power on mine. Sprayed it on, maybe take a big brush to it or pressure wash it if it was really bad, rinse it off. Over 9 years it always looked brand new after I cleaned it, granted it was black.
Thanks a lot, I have been told to do black, that it will go good with the strips on the hood, I'm just not sure yet. I had a black liner in my 93 GMT, and it was ok.