Which F***ing header bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
looks like I've got a couple that backed out on the previous owner so I'm greatful for the replies. Has anyone here used the Stage 8 bolts?

SteveB

Reaction score
don't know if this will help or not but I used the Autozone intake bolt set. Same thread and pitch, but instead of a 7/16 hex head they have 3/8 12-point heads. And second suggestion would be to barely start all the bolts before trying to tighten and tighten from the center out, regardless of the directions saying otherwise. This worked really well except I had to shorten 2 of the bolts about half an inch. Oh and just a quick rant: I'll never buy anything else from Hedman.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Since we're talking headers, what is a good gasket for the oem headers on these obs'. I think I have a small leak on my passenger's side.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not sure about the small blocks but on the headers ive had on big blocks the 3/8 head stainless hex bolts from summit worked good, tightened with 1/4 drive 6 point socket with no problems.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Since we're talking headers, what is a good gasket for the oem headers on these obs'. I think I have a small leak on my passenger's side.

For stock applications, I've always used the FelPro "blue" gaskets made from pressed metal fibers. The first time I had to port the gaskets because they gave me ones for the wrong exhaust port size, so make sure you get the right exhaust port size in your gaskets.